Letter of Intent Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ArcherM2

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do I send it to the Dean of Admissions, or Admissions Department?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi there could you please tell me what a letter of intent is, and is this something that would be good to send if I am on a waiting list? Thanks! :)

Nicole292 said:
Hi there could you please tell me what a letter of intent is, and is this something that would be good to send if I am on a waiting list? Thanks! :)

A letter of intent is a letter you usually send to an admissions committee or dean normally when you are waitlisted or waiting for the adcom to make a decision. It usually contains something to the effect of "if you accept me I will definitely attend your school." and some other pertintent information not in your file.

However I do have a question regarding sending multiple intent letters to the same school? Is this a good thing to do if you have some more information to add? Has anyone done this? :)

spyyder said:
A letter of intent is a letter you usually send to an admissions committee or dean normally when you are waitlisted or waiting for the adcom to make a decision. It usually contains something to the effect of "if you accept me I will definitely attend your school." and some other pertintent information not in your file.

However I do have a question regarding sending multiple intent letters to the same school? Is this a good thing to do if you have some more information to add? Has anyone done this? :)

Thanks for the response!

spyyder said:

I would only send one "letter of intent" but as many letters of interest/update as you want. Really, any more than one letter of intent is overkill - they get the idea. But if there are any significant developments in your life you'd like to tell them about, or if you really really just want to tell them how much you like them, update letters are ok. But, all things in moderation!