Letter of Intent question:

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rachmoninov3

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
OK, I'm feeling really good about my interviews yesterday, but desicions aren't made until mid march. I tried my best to impress that unm is my first choice, and I'd send in the $ to hold my spot as soon as I got my acceptance, etc etc etc.
So should I send a LOI?
And if so, what goes into the letter? Who is it addressed to?

perhaps something like:
Dear dean humplemuffer;

I would like to impress upon you my intentions of attending your medical school above all others, and should I be offered a place in the class beginning in the fall of 2006, I shall not hesitate to accept it. I love this state, I love my hospital and the population I work with, I can think of no other place where I perfer to live and practice medicine.

sincerely,

rachmoninov3 the neurotic premed.

Members don't see this ad.

rachmoninov3 said:
OK, I'm feeling really good about my interviews yesterday, but desicions aren't made until mid march. I tried my best to impress that unm is my first choice, and I'd send in the $ to hold my spot as soon as I got my acceptance, etc etc etc.
So should I send a LOI?
And if so, what goes into the letter? Who is it addressed to?

perhaps something like:
Dear dean humplemuffer;

I would like to impress upon you my intentions of attending your medical school above all others, and should I be offered a place in the class beginning in the fall of 2006, I shall not hesitate to accept it. I love this state, I love my hospital and the population I work with, I can think of no other place where I perfer to live and practice medicine.

sincerely,

rachmoninov3 the neurotic premed.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

What the hell kind of name is HUMPLEMUFFER!!!!!!

You realize where you live and practice medicine and where you go to med school do not have to be any where near each other. It is much more likely that where you do your residency is the area you would practice medicine in.

If that is what you have written seriously proofread and put more thought into it.

"I love this state, I love my hospital and the population I work with" ???

Really that is very weak and unimpressive. I'd even consider not admitting you if you wrote that and I were going to admit you before I got that.

Not trying to be mean but imo you need to put much more effort and serious thought into it and not be trying to send this off the very next day after an interview.

OK, so I was joking about the name of the dean, but seriously guys, what goes into one of these letters of intent? If anyone has written one please post it so that I have an idea of what to write.