helpmenow

10+ Year Member
Oct 14, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
I heard a few of you mentioning that you have sent letters of intent to schools.

I am also planning on doing that to my top choice school, because it is really the only place i want to go.

Any advice from those who have done it, or gotten in especially, about what should be included in this letter, or how should it be structured.......or not send one at all?

thanks!

Dr.Inviz

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Oct 1, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I heard a few of you mentioning that you have sent letters of intent to schools.

I am also planning on doing that to my top choice school, because it is really the only place i want to go.

Any advice from those who have done it, or gotten in especially, about what should be included in this letter, or how should it be structured.......or not send one at all?

thanks!

just reiterate your secondary response, this time stressing how it's your #1 option and you'd go there and nowhere else if accepted elsewhere. its effectivity is questionable though ...

About the Ads

Taty

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 6, 2002
New York
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]

thanks!

Tell them why u like them. Why do you think they should choose you...and if you had any special experiences with the school, professors or graduates describe it....If you dont have a good stats for that school it will not help you ...I am sure it did not help me because my MCAT was 3 points lower though my GPA was right on track..They wrote me very nasty rejection letter...and I had like 10 rejection before the one from my top choice was the nastiest...

r2cole1

10+ Year Member
Aug 16, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Fellow [Any Field]
Taty- I'm curious, what made it nasty? I can't imagine why a school would choose to be nasty to someone.

Taty

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 6, 2002
New York
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Taty- I'm curious, what made it nasty? I can't imagine why a school would choose to be nasty to someone.

The wording...

I have to agree with my mom who told me that after that letter you just want to commit suicide...Anyway, I am glad I will not go to that school.

And it still worst letter that I ever received...

helpmenow

10+ Year Member
Oct 14, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
your scaring me! lol

i mean, i don't know if it will help, people have told me it doesn't hurt, my stats are just around what the school expects also.

Taty

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 6, 2002
New York
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
your scaring me! lol

i mean, i don't know if it will help, people have told me it doesn't hurt, my stats are just around what the school expects also.

Well you can always try:)

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.