Letter of intent to UPenn

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DL611954

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am 100% sure I want to go there, and interviewed in early november. They don't release decisions, as I'm sure many of you know, until the end of March.

How does Penn respond to letters of interest?

Members don't see this ad.

I doubt that anyone here can give you a definitive answer (SDN is fond of speculation based on tenuous evidence).

Therefore, I would suggest that you simply send in your letter of intent as soon as possible (I assume that "interest" was a typo). The worst that can happen is that they ignore it completely, causing it to have no effect on your application.

I am 100% sure I want to go there, and interviewed in early november. They don't release decisions, as I'm sure many of you know, until the end of March.

How does Penn respond to letters of interest?

I can't see how the letter will hurt but I also don't think it is going to weigh significantly in their ultimate decision to accept you or not.

I can't see how such letter after an interview might hurt. Anyway, i have a question about sending a letter before an interview, how bad might that sound.