Letter of intent

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Realgasman135

Reaction score
hey all, I was curious if it’s worth sending letter of intent to your #2 and #3. I was thinking of writing something along the line of “I’m ranking your program very highly” rather than saying “you are my #1”. Any input is appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Don’t think it’ll make much difference; even if you say you’re my number 1 probably won’t do much. Unless you’re high caliber candidate to a tall ivory tower....

That being said, if you think it’ll help you. Just do it, so no regrets and what if’s hanging over your head when you didn’t get your top 3......

Reactions: 1 user
Do a second look. I think there is value in that. But like @IMGASMD wrote, leave no stone unturned so you don’t say “what if” later.

I wouldn't waste my time with letter of intent because it is in no way binding so PD will not treat it as seriously as you may wish

Counter argument of the “what if” mentality is a non #1 email is basically saying “hey I liked your program a lot but not enough to rank it 1st”. With no email they have no idea if you’re someone who takes their statement of they don’t reply to post-interview communication seriously or if you just are someone who isn’t sending those emails. So I would say it can cut both ways.

Stupidity personified.

Reactions: 1 users