Letter of intent?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mj1878

Water good...
10+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I had my first interview yesterday and I'm feeling a little down because of the six possible interviewers, I sort of feel like I got the short end of the stick because everyone else that didn't have the two interviewers that I got said that the interviews went wonderfully, and were totally laid back. The other two applicants that had the two that I had left the interview with much the same feeling that I did. They just didn't seem all that thrilled to be talking to me, and one even was checking his watch.

If I send a letter of intent saying that this school is my first choice, and that if accepted I would cancel all other interviews/applications, do you think that it would help my cause at all? Thanks!
:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

mj1878 said:
If I send a letter of intent saying that this school is my first choice, and that if accepted I would cancel all other interviews/applications, do you think that it would help my cause at all? Thanks!
:confused:
I think it would be okay depending on how your word it. I would write a letter to the admissions committee thanking them for the opportunity to interview for the fall 2006 incoming class. Just tell them how much you enjoyed being there and could see yourself attending that school. <-- I did this for my first interview at wvsom and look where it got me ;) . It is my first choice but I'm still going to my other interviews. I want to see what other schools have to offer. Plus, this may be my last opportunity to travel across the country in a long while. I personally wouldn't say I'll cancel all my other interviews/apps if I'm accepted. It seems like bribing to me if you do but what do I know :)?

I would send a thank you card to your interviewers too, stating your desire to go to that school.