Letter of Intent?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

heyimnick

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, would anyone who is familiar with writing a letter of intent, or current student thats aware of what adcoms look for, be willing to review my letter of intent?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Howdy! I'm neither a student nor an experienced LOI writer, but I have scanned through some info recently about the topic. From what I can see, a good LOI should be a down to earth, (careful of the suck up factor), interest in the school. You can give them an update on the activities you are doing since the interview to emphasize your all encompassing power and the ongoing creation of your legacy. Then you can say how you've been to other schools since and still believe that the goals of their school, their mission and what they have to offer is still the perfect fit for you.

I do wish there were examples of previous LOIs AND good LOR I could get my hands on. If anyone has them, please PM me. They would be interesting to slap up on my site and I can change names to protect the not so innocent if anyone's got 'em.

Anywho - that's about all I know so far.

Caboose.