Letter of Intent

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mariluz

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if you guys have any advice with sending letters of intent for MSTPs. In particular, to whom they should be addressed, what points should be made, and any special advice that might have worked for you/friends.

Thanks so much in advance! I saw a few threads in the allo-boards, but most were older posts and I have the inkling that the advice may differ a little for MSTP.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if you guys have any advice with sending letters of intent for MSTPs. In particular, to whom they should be addressed, what points should be made, and any special advice that might have worked for you/friends.

Thanks so much in advance! I saw a few threads in the allo-boards, but most were older posts and I have the inkling that the advice may differ a little for MSTP.

Thanks!

They should be pretty straightforward. Send one to the director of the program and one to the administrative director of the program; you can send them to individual faculty that interviewed you if you know that those faculty are on the committee. Keep it short and simple: declare that you really liked their school (perhaps list a few reasons), and that you will unequivocally attend if they accept you. You can include a bit of an update, say, if you have a recent paper accepted for publication, and then invite them to contact you if they have any questions about your application. Then wrap it up. As long as you commit to go to their school should they accept you, you're good.

Hi everyone,

Thanks!

You gonna join us on the left coast? Please say yes; if/when I come down to ALS we can go get Jameson shots in Palo Alto.

Members don't see this ad :)
You gonna join us on the left coast? Please say yes; if/when I come down to ALS we can go get Jameson shots in Palo Alto.

Dude, fo' shizzy. Does this mean that you'll be doing x-tallography? Holla!!!