• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

Letter of Intent

mariluz

10+ Year Member
Jan 14, 2008
Stanford, CA
  1. MD/PhD Student
    Hi everyone,

I was wondering if you guys have any advice with sending letters of intent for MSTPs. In particular, to whom they should be addressed, what points should be made, and any special advice that might have worked for you/friends.

Thanks so much in advance! I saw a few threads in the allo-boards, but most were older posts and I have the inkling that the advice may differ a little for MSTP.

Thanks!

solitude

15+ Year Member
    Dec 27, 2004
      Hi everyone,

I was wondering if you guys have any advice with sending letters of intent for MSTPs. In particular, to whom they should be addressed, what points should be made, and any special advice that might have worked for you/friends.

Thanks so much in advance! I saw a few threads in the allo-boards, but most were older posts and I have the inkling that the advice may differ a little for MSTP.

Thanks!

They should be pretty straightforward. Send one to the director of the program and one to the administrative director of the program; you can send them to individual faculty that interviewed you if you know that those faculty are on the committee. Keep it short and simple: declare that you really liked their school (perhaps list a few reasons), and that you will unequivocally attend if they accept you. You can include a bit of an update, say, if you have a recent paper accepted for publication, and then invite them to contact you if they have any questions about your application. Then wrap it up. As long as you commit to go to their school should they accept you, you're good.

jlamacc1

10+ Year Member
      7+ Year Member
      Apr 5, 2007
      1. MD/PhD Student
        Hi everyone,

Thanks!

You gonna join us on the left coast? Please say yes; if/when I come down to ALS we can go get Jameson shots in Palo Alto.

About the Ads
        About the Ads
        This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.