Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

letter of interest b4 decision?????

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by C.P. Jones, Dec 17, 2005.

1. C.P. Jones

C.P. Jones Catface Majigger
    7+ Year Member

so i'm going to start writing some letters of interest to the four schools that put me on hold/waitlists, and i was wondering.....since i also interviewed at GW dec. 9th, and they won't give me a decision until the end of jan./beginning of feb. would it be a good idea to also write them a letter of interest? i guess i could make it sound a whole lot less pleading-like since they obviously have not looked at my app yet....but more of a thanks for the interview, i like this this and this about you guys....i have already sent out small thank you notes to them

has anyone ever done this? i'm thinking it may just annoy them instead.

2. allisonbk

allisonbk Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

hey there! i actually did this right after the interview at my first choice school. i asked a bunch of people before i did it (advisors, etc...), and they all thought it was a good idea. i guess we will see what happens. good luck!

3. C.P. Jones

7+ Year Member

thanks allison, I'll do it in that case. it does keep sounding like a good idea the more i think of it.

4. allisonbk

allisonbk Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

yeah, i just don't think it can really hurt you in anyway- so go for it!

5. DrMike24

DrMike24 eat, drink, and be merry
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    so let me get this right... you are talking about writing a letter to each school that you have interviewed at and been put on hold that you really want to go there and how much you like it, etc, but not as forthright as a letter of intent. right?

6. C.P. Jones

7+ Year Member

right, i'm not going to tell them i'm going to drop all the other schools for them, just that i like them........it's more to say "although you have waitlisted me, i am not just sitting here waiting for another school to say yes, i still need you to say yes" :)