Letter of interest- LizzyM or REL?

ChocolateKiss

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 2, 2006
  1. Resident [Any Field]
    I read in another post that LizzyM and REL are Adcom members.

I was wondering if one of you could clarify what you think of post-interview, pre-acceptance letters of interest. Is it a waste of time to send these to my top schools before their decisions come out?

Also, I recently got a paper accepted for publication in a scientific journal- should I update schools with that information only if I have already interviewed at them, or should I also send updates to schools that haven't offered me interviews yet?

Thank you so much for the help!

jebus

Membership Revoked
    Removed
    10+ Year Member
    5+ Year Member
    Aug 22, 2005
      They've already answered this question, do a search. If nothing else, browse their post histories. It'll save you and them time and energy.

ChocolateKiss

10+ Year Member
      7+ Year Member
      Jan 2, 2006
      1. Resident [Any Field]
        desiredusername said:
        They've already answered this question, do a search. If nothing else, browse their post histories. It'll save you and them time and energy.

Sorry, didn't realize this. They've answered both of these questions before?

About the Ads

jebus

Membership Revoked
        Removed
        10+ Year Member
        5+ Year Member
        Aug 22, 2005
          Hey, the only reason I knew is because I participated in that thread. There's no way you could have known & there's no need to be sorry. If I recall the title was almost the exact same - it referenced them and everything.
          I don't know know if they addressed the article issue. Congrats getting published.

Antelan

10+ Year Member
          Jan 3, 2006
          1. Pre-Medical
            A nice Google studentdoctor.net-only search for 'REL and Lizzy M' (on my computer at least) turns up the following result:

Google
            Error

We're sorry...

... but we can't process your request right now. A computer virus or spyware application is sending us automated requests, and it appears that your computer or network has been infected.

We'll restore your access as quickly as possible, so try again soon. In the meantime, you might want to run a virus checker or spyware remover to make sure that your computer is free of viruses and other spurious software.

We apologize for the inconvenience, and hope we'll see you again on Google.

That's grand. Thanks, Google!

About the Ads
            This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
            2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
            5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
            6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            7. This thread is locked.