Letter of interest/update/intent - include full time job?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bonoz

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,

I have to send a letter of interest/update/intent to GW and was wondering if I should talk about my new full time job as a technology associate at Fannie Mae?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Would that not give them an idea thinking "oh this guy already has a job"... move on..?

Members don't see this ad :)
Would that not give them an idea thinking "oh this guy already has a job"... move on..?
Not to be a jerk, but that doesn't really make any sense. The OP obviously wants to go to med school. I'm pretty sure the adcoms realize that they wouldn't go through all the trouble of applying if they were seriously considering ditching everything for one job. And if it's a letter of intent it's more like "I'm really interested in going here. Look, I'm responsible and stuff blah blah blah, I got a good job..."

Its not like you're a phlebotomist or an EMT or anything else directly relating to the medical field, so I'd probably not include it unless I had absolutely nothing else to submit.