Quantcast

Letter of interest/update/intent - include full time job?

Travel to Ghana on the Ultimate Med Immersion
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bonoz

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,

I have to send a letter of interest/update/intent to GW and was wondering if I should talk about my new full time job as a technology associate at Fannie Mae?

Thanks

bonoz

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Would that not give them an idea thinking "oh this guy already has a job"... move on..?

orthomyxo

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Would that not give them an idea thinking "oh this guy already has a job"... move on..?
Not to be a jerk, but that doesn't really make any sense. The OP obviously wants to go to med school. I'm pretty sure the adcoms realize that they wouldn't go through all the trouble of applying if they were seriously considering ditching everything for one job. And if it's a letter of intent it's more like "I'm really interested in going here. Look, I'm responsible and stuff blah blah blah, I got a good job..."

MrCheetah

Reaction score
Its not like you're a phlebotomist or an EMT or anything else directly relating to the medical field, so I'd probably not include it unless I had absolutely nothing else to submit.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.