Letter of Interest

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cubelife

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I have about four schools that I am very interested in, but have yet to receive an interview invite from them. My application status with all of them say that they're under review as of now. Would it be wise to send a letter of interest to each school? Or should I let things play out and see if anything happens since it's still early November. I just want to give my self the best chances since one of those schools is my dream school (UNLV). If now is too early for a letter of interest, I think I might wait until Dec 15th and then send them? Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Hello,

I have about four schools that I am very interested in, but have yet to receive an interview invite from them. My application status with all of them say that they're under review as of now. Would it be wise to send a letter of interest to each school? Or should I let things play out and see if anything happens since it's still early November. I just want to give my self the best chances since one of those schools is my dream school (UNLV). If now is too early for a letter of interest, I think I might wait until Dec 15th and then send them? Thanks in advance!
I think you should really only send a letter of interest to 1-2 schools. It doesn’t come off very sincere if you say you would love to attend their program and would definitely go if given the chance if you’re also saying the same thing to 3 other schools

^lol do whatever will you think will make you most competitive at each school. That being said, only some schools will actually read these letters

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
^lol do whatever will you think will make you most competitive at each school. That being said, only some schools will actually read these letters
Do you think letters of interest are effective and contribute to getting an interview? Or would it depend on the school? Im thinking of sending one to my top school but have heard mixed things

I have sent two updates to UNLV with no reply and no interview. o_O

Do you think letters of interest are effective and contribute to getting an interview? Or would it depend on the school? Im thinking of sending one to my top school but have heard mixed things
Depends on the school

this is really helpful, thanks so much :)