letter of interest

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

prometheus

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you that are on multiple waitlists, are you writing letters of interest to each school or are you just picking one to focus on? I'm interested in both of my waitlist schools but I would feel weird writing both and saying that I would definitely attend if accepted but then again I don't know which one would accept me and I definitely would jump at the opportunity to attend either one. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Members don't see this ad.

I am in a similiar situation, very similiar actually, except I do prefer one slightly over the other. My opinion is that is it perfectly legit to write strong letters of interest to more than one school, but it is not good to write letters of intent to more than one school. I have been told and I also truly feel, that this is not right and could get you into a lot of trouble. I would say pick your top choice, tell them you would definately attend if accepted, and then strongly "pimp" the other, without offering any committment to them.

Anyone else?

i am gonna offer to matriculate at all the schools im waitlisted at, and then go to the one that accepts me first. i dont care if it's columbia, stanford, or cornell, just 1 takes me and it's over.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hmmm....that should work too choker...i guess it depends if you actually do have a slight preference, cause if you dont, then you can definately just take the first offer and run with it.

Good luck!

Wait...what if a second school offersyou a spot before you have time to withdraw from it? Then you could be in trouble, depending on the school.

Yea..I am stuck on hold right now at my top choice school and I have already locked in my letter of intent with them. I wish I would hear already so I could send a new letter of intent to another school! :)

Scooby, if they arent your first choice anymore, couldnt you just tell them thanks, but no thanks, ive changed my mind, and then take your business elsewhere? It should be no sweat off their backs. IT seems that you only run into problems if they offer you a position, and then you say no. Otherwise, I dont think they would care....but maybe you know more....

•••quote:•••Originally posted by nap:
•Scooby, if they arent your first choice anymore, couldnt you just tell them thanks, but no thanks, ive changed my mind, and then take your business elsewhere? It should be no sweat off their backs. IT seems that you only run into problems if they offer you a position, and then you say no. Otherwise, I dont think they would care....but maybe you know more....•••••Well they still are my first choice...but I am "on hold" with them. And I think they are just going to reject me anyways...so I want them to get it over with :)