SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

letter of interest

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by prometheus, Mar 14, 2002.

  1. prometheus

    prometheus Member 7+ Year Member

    75
    0
    Jul 7, 2001
    For those of you that are on multiple waitlists, are you writing letters of interest to each school or are you just picking one to focus on? I'm interested in both of my waitlist schools but I would feel weird writing both and saying that I would definitely attend if accepted but then again I don't know which one would accept me and I definitely would jump at the opportunity to attend either one. Does anyone have any suggestions?
     
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. nap

    nap Member 7+ Year Member

    85
    0
    Feb 25, 2002
    I am in a similiar situation, very similiar actually, except I do prefer one slightly over the other. My opinion is that is it perfectly legit to write strong letters of interest to more than one school, but it is not good to write letters of intent to more than one school. I have been told and I also truly feel, that this is not right and could get you into a lot of trouble. I would say pick your top choice, tell them you would definately attend if accepted, and then strongly "pimp" the other, without offering any committment to them.

    Anyone else?
     
  4. choker

    choker Senior Member 7+ Year Member

    740
    3
    Jul 30, 2001
    nyc
    i am gonna offer to matriculate at all the schools im waitlisted at, and then go to the one that accepts me first. i dont care if it's columbia, stanford, or cornell, just 1 takes me and it's over.
     
  5. nap

    nap Member 7+ Year Member

    85
    0
    Feb 25, 2002
    Hmmm....that should work too choker...i guess it depends if you actually do have a slight preference, cause if you dont, then you can definately just take the first offer and run with it.

    Good luck!
     
  6. nap

    nap Member 7+ Year Member

    85
    0
    Feb 25, 2002
    Wait...what if a second school offersyou a spot before you have time to withdraw from it? Then you could be in trouble, depending on the school.
     
  7. Scooby Doo

    Scooby Doo IEatShavedPussyCats 10+ Year Member

    3,797
    0
    Jul 9, 2001
    City
    Yea..I am stuck on hold right now at my top choice school and I have already locked in my letter of intent with them. I wish I would hear already so I could send a new letter of intent to another school! :)
     
  8. nap

    nap Member 7+ Year Member

    85
    0
    Feb 25, 2002
    Scooby, if they arent your first choice anymore, couldnt you just tell them thanks, but no thanks, ive changed my mind, and then take your business elsewhere? It should be no sweat off their backs. IT seems that you only run into problems if they offer you a position, and then you say no. Otherwise, I dont think they would care....but maybe you know more....
     
  9. Scooby Doo

    Scooby Doo IEatShavedPussyCats 10+ Year Member

    3,797
    0
    Jul 9, 2001
    City
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by nap:
    <strong>Scooby, if they arent your first choice anymore, couldnt you just tell them thanks, but no thanks, ive changed my mind, and then take your business elsewhere? It should be no sweat off their backs. IT seems that you only run into problems if they offer you a position, and then you say no. Otherwise, I dont think they would care....but maybe you know more....</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well they still are my first choice...but I am "on hold" with them. And I think they are just going to reject me anyways...so I want them to get it over with :)
     

Share This Page