Letter of Interview Intent??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Iccebreaker

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
resolved. thank you for your help!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Sorry bud, but I seriously doubt this would mean anything to them. You've already made yourself clear by applying and updating. If you have more update material, send them a third update. Otherwise, you're not really bringing any new info to the table.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
This is the reaction you'll get from the Admissions dean and his/her staff:

1b68a7a4da5c43e556e93faba15c77b1_people-laughing-cartoon-group-of-people-laughing-clipart_2854-1127.jpeg

Hi everyone, I just had a quick question about whether to send a letter of interview intent. Allow me to clarify. I have 1 point below the mean MCAT (new version) and 0.2 points above the average in terms of my GPA (3.6 is average I have 3.8) to my top choice school. I am not an URM, and I am in state to that school, I have read these forums and others and students still receive invitations to interview to this school until the second week of April. Since I have been "interview eligible" since July of last year, I was wondering if I should send something along the lines of "it would be an honor to able to interview at your institution" or "Your institution is my top choice because of X and Y reasons". Please note, I have send two separate academic updates to this school, one in December 2016 and one in late January 2017. Thanks for your feedback in advance!

Reactions: 2 users
Hi everyone, I just had a quick question about whether to send a letter of interview intent. Allow me to clarify. I have 1 point below the mean MCAT (new version) and 0.2 points above the average in terms of my GPA (3.6 is average I have 3.8) to my top choice school. I am not an URM, and I am in state to that school, I have read these forums and others and students still receive invitations to interview to this school until the second week of April. Since I have been "interview eligible" since July of last year, I was wondering if I should send something along the lines of "it would be an honor to able to interview at your institution" or "Your institution is my top choice because of X and Y reasons". Please note, I have send two separate academic updates to this school, one in December 2016 and one in late January 2017. Thanks for your feedback in advance!

At this point in the cycle you might as well. Realistically you have nothing to lose. Not saying it'll help but if you have the time it's worth a shot.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user