• Scariest Story Contest

Now that it's getting close to Halloween, we're running a contest to hear your scariest stories! These can be scary stories that you've experienced or stories that you've heard and the story with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

Letter of Rec after completed at most schools?

cke11

5+ Year Member
Mar 24, 2015
  1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    So I'm in a weird spot. My PI has offered to write a letter of Rec for me. He is a very well known surgeon at a large academic center on the east coast and I'm unsure if sending in a letter after being completed at most school will even be noticed or cause me to have to be Re-reviewed. Not too sure what that process is, but would love some advice.

gyngyn

Alta California
    Staff member
    Administrator
    Volunteer Staff
    7+ Year Member
    Verified Expert
    Gold Member
    Nov 4, 2011
    1. Attending Physician
      What did you end up doing? I'm curious bc I just submitted my first handful of schools early last week and was complete but just got my volunteer director's letter which I would really like to be considered at all schools, not just where I'm yet to submit

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
      As long as the director was included as the contact person in your primary application, there is little to be gained from an LoE.

About the Ads
      This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.