1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

letter of rec from psych prof

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by ALI, Jan 3, 2002.

1. ALI

ALI Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Hi everyone
    do dental schools accept letter of rec from psychology professor?
    The psych class I took is on drug and behavior and highly related to neuroscience.
    At my school, this psych class can be used for bio unit
    I TA ed for the prof and got A in his class.
    Should I send in his letter?

2. waiting

waiting Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Of course!! Psych recs are just as legit as life science ones....so long as you include at least one of those. At my school, we had a health professions committee to whom you could submit up to 5 letters. I gave them: a rec from a bio prof., a prof. of a writing seminar I took, one from a president of this public health organization I interned with, one from a physician I did research with, and another from an orthodontist I volunteered with.....Submitting a rec. from a prof. you TA'd for is ideal, he/she could write about you as both a student and instructor! :) :cool:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...