• Advice You're Thankful for Contest

Now that it's getting close to Thanksgiving, we're running a contest to hear advice you've received that you're most thankful for! This can be any type of advice and the advice with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

Letter of rec from retail supervisor?

rs37982

7+ Year Member
Sep 16, 2012
  1. Pharmacist
    Would it be a good idea to get a rec letter from my retail supervisor? He's known me for over 3 years, can speak to my work ethic and skills (maybe not directly on clinical skills, but I was a great tech/intern and would catch small details and things like that), and would say good things about me. A lot of programs say to or prefer to get letters from preceptors and faculty, and I don't wanna blow my chances either. What are your thoughts? Thanks!

garou

15+ Year Member
    May 3, 2004
      I am in a predicament and hopefully someone can guide me through this:/

Currently I have secured 2 LoRs; one from APPE preceptor and another from a faculty member who is also my research project preceptor. The third letter is what's troubling me. I have worked at a retail chain for a couple years and my pharmacist is great. But some programs require 2 LoRs from preceptors of pharmacy clerkships or preceptors who can attest to my clinical skills. Because the second letter is coming from a preceptor who is technically not my APPE preceptor (but fits the later part), I am tempted to seek out another LoR from APPE preceptor. But based off of the replies above, I am more tempted to ask my supervisor. Super torn and stressed out with imminent deadline. Any advice would be helpful!

Hope everyone is having a fantastic time at midyear:D

I have look at LoR for residency before. Not including any of your direct supervisor is for me very suspicious. You want to include at least one from your work/internship place. It is the place you work the longest and this will tell the most your capacities to work with others.

Reactions: 1 user
      About the Ads
      This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.