mr.mkitty

2+ Year Member
Jul 4, 2015
Status
Medical Student
So I have a somewhat annoying issue with my letter of Recs. I had an individual author write one of my letter of recs, she submitted it to my interfolio, and then I proceeded to send it to AMCAS and put it with the specific schools that I desired.
The problem is, I talked to her today, and she didn't realize that she needed to put on her company's letterhead. Now, she said that she could just go back, add the letterhead, and then proceed to resubmit it. Only issue Im having is that I can't take the original letter off of the schools that I added it to...
Has anyone had this problem? If so, how do I deal with this?
Any ideas would be appreciated. Otherwise Im going to try to call AMCAS tomorrow and see if there is anyway to take the old one off so that the new one can be added...
Thanks

OP
mr.mkitty

mr.mkitty

2+ Year Member
Jul 4, 2015
Status
Medical Student
Ah, answered my question from another poster..

""This problem actually has a happy ending and I figured I'd post it for anyone who has this awful annoying issue in the future and finds this:
I called amcas and they said if I upload the old letter of recommendation it'll automatically replace the new one, so just do that :). Now I'm just contacting the nearly impossible to reach recommender and seeing if I can get him to update his new letter on the letterhead and sign it, and I'm hoping for this best.""