Letter of rec on non-official letterhead

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Signifier

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
One of my lovely professors evidently sent her letter in on non-official letterhead. I found out thanks to a helpful medical school, and she's re-submitted the letter to AMCAS. Everything is updated in my file, but I'm wondering if I should send individual emails to the schools I have applied to informing them of this change? Or is it enough to just let it be handled automatically through AMCAS?

Members don't see this ad.

One of my lovely professors evidently sent her letter in on non-official letterhead. I found out thanks to a helpful medical school, and she's re-submitted the letter to AMCAS. Everything is updated in my file, but I'm wondering if I should send individual emails to the schools I have applied to informing them of this change? Or is it enough to just let it be handled automatically through AMCAS?

I wouldn't bother. If a school cares enough, they should be receiving the resubmitted letter anyway.

If you want, you can use Interfolio and send the official-letterhead duplicate to all the schools. Doesn't cost that much.