Letter of Rec question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LoneCoyote

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
How important is it to have one of your letters of rec be from someone who works in pharmacy? I am currently working in a pharmacy but will not have been there too long so I doubt any letter I could get would be too informative. Also, we have many floater pharmacists so I am not sure I feel close enought o anyone to ask anyone at this point. Would it be okay just to get 3 LORs from professors, one of whom was a summer employer with whom I did research?

Any advice would be appreciated... oh, and I am applying to UCSF, UCSD, UOP and USC if that makes any difference...

Members don't see this ad.

You need it from a pharmacist, so you need to skej a sit-down with a pharmacist that you like who'll write you an awesome letter. I made sure my pharmacist letter was bad-a#$. I'm not sure which ones require it, but honestly you need one for any of those schools. Don't forget about Western and Loma Linda (if you can handle the church stuff).