Letter of Rec Submission After Being Complete

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

green0902

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!
I was wondering, if you add a LOR after you have been complete for months, will it move our application to the bottom of the review pile? thanks for your help guys

Members don't see this ad.

Hello!
I was wondering, if you add a LOR after you have been complete for months, will it move our application to the bottom of the review pile? thanks for your help guys
Depends on the school.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hello!
It certainly can help get yourself a second look. See if a school has a policy on it already. If so, adhere to it. If not, what is the worst that could happen?

Hope this helps,

David D, MD - USMLE and MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors

It certainly can help get yourself a second look. See if a school has a policy on it already. If so, adhere to it. If not, what is the worst that could happen?

Hope this helps,

Med School Tutors
I will disagree with this. I feel one more testimonial isn't going to move the needle very much.

Reactions: 2 users
I will disagree with this. I feel one more testimonial isn't going to move the needle very much.
In the TMDSAS (Texas) system you can't add more supporting documents like letters after October 15th.
You are allowed to submit updates on publications, awards, etc.

Reactions: 4 users

This is helpful, always learning. What are your thoughts on it being a low-risk idea? Have you seen it be deleterious (besides the obvious caveat that if a school has a discrete policy) in the past?

Med School Tutors

Technically, letters may only be submitted through the AMCAS system.
Attempts to circumvent the system could give the wrong impression.
Ooh yes agreed! I guess I was just asking about the impact of adding another official LOR through AMCAS months after being already complete, if adcoms would move me back in the line for review since I understand this is adding another thing to their crazy workload

Really appreciate all the responses!

This is helpful, always learning. What are your thoughts on it being a low-risk idea? Have you seen it be deleterious (besides the obvious caveat that if a school has a discrete policy) in the past?

Med School Tutors
It may delay processing the app, since it has to be dug out have the LOR added. Then there's the issue of schools which have strict limitations as to how many LORs they receive.

Reactions: 1 users
Ooh yes agreed! I guess I was just asking about the impact of adding another official LOR through AMCAS months after being already complete, if adcoms would move me back in the line for review since I understand this is adding another thing to their crazy workload

Really appreciate all the responses!
It will depend on how their software has been set up.