Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Letter of Rec

Discussion in 'Pre-Optometry' started by Hello_, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Hello_

Pre-Optometry
    What should typically be included in the LOR?
    What does the board even want to see in the LOR?

Also, is it okay if I get one from an optometrist and another from a pre-health advisor? Or is it important that I get one from a science professor?

Any input will be helpful. Thank you. :)

2. Meeehai

Schools typically don't want to see a letter from your advisor unless you're doing a committee letter, you should get one from a professor. I would ask for a letter from someone who knows you well and beyond just a student that has taken their class. If the only thing a professor can write for you is that you got a good grade and attended class every day, it's a weak letter because your class performance is shown on the transcripts. I recommend asking someone who can vouch for your skills and work ethic, such as a PI or someone you were involved with more than just being a student. If that's not an option, go with a professor who you think can write most about your personality.