Aug 1, 2009
Status
Pre-Medical
I am about to start filling out my secondary applications, and I have extra LORs besides the one from my school's pre-medical committee which I had sent with my AMCAS. The four people who wrote them just gave me copies on official letterhead to pick up myself. How do I turn them in with my secondaries? Can I just mail copied versions in with my secondaries?

sage36

10+ Year Member
Dec 11, 2008
Status
Resident [Any Field]
For me, I just gave the extra letters to my school committee and told them to send it in as a supplement. Could you just send the letters directly to AMCAS?

Jun 5, 2009
Status
Pre-Medical
I am about to start filling out my secondary applications, and I have extra LORs besides the one from my school's pre-medical committee which I had sent with my AMCAS. The four people who wrote them just gave me copies on official letterhead to pick up myself. How do I turn them in with my secondaries? Can I just mail copied versions in with my secondaries?
You're not supposed to have copies of the LORs :eek:. The letter writers are the ones who should write and send them in without you ever accessing them. I guess at this point you should try to hand them off to your pre-health committee and see if they can send them. It will look very bad if med schools find out you sent the letters in yourself (I guess all through fear of you tampering with the letter content).