Letter of Recommendation for D.O

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ajafighting92

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I was researching on D.O schools and realized that a lot of them require a LOR from either M.D. or D.O. I didn't shallow a D.O., but I have an M.D./PhD evaluator who wrote me a LOR; however, I mostly did lab research under him. Does that still count as a "M.D. letter"?

Members don't see this ad.

So I was researching on D.O schools and realized that a lot of them require a LOR from either M.D. or D.O. I didn't shallow a D.O., but I have an M.D./PhD evaluator who wrote me a LOR; however, I mostly did lab research under him. Does that still count as a "M.D. letter"?

I think they may want to see your interest as a clinician hence someone who practices medicine, for example some doctors make students take histories an other diagnostic stuff just to enhance the letter.....your MD letter from research will be good but I think having a letter from a clinician will give you a sharper knife to cut through the admissions process

Reactions: 1 user