Letter of Recommendation from a Physician (DO or MD) requirement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medbunny56

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone know if an LOR from my PI (who has his MD) will qualify for this requirement? (did not shadow him)

I shadowed a DO and got a LOR but the letter is missing an official letterhead so i dont think schools will accept it

Members don't see this ad.

I thought the letterhead requirement only applies for professors who work at a University?

anyone know if an LOR from my PI (who has his MD) will qualify for this requirement? (did not shadow him)

I shadowed a DO and got a LOR but the letter is missing an official letterhead so i dont think schools will accept it
Most schools aren't that picky about physician letters being on letterhead (they are about univ professors), however, you might speak with the DO and see if he or she could put it letterhead for you. Also make sure it is signed ( a few schools got excited over no signature when I applied). If schools care most would be fine with it being emailed from the drs email or faxed.