Letter of Recommendation from a Physician (DO or MD) requirement

medbunny56

2+ Year Member
Dec 10, 2015
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
anyone know if an LOR from my PI (who has his MD) will qualify for this requirement? (did not shadow him)

I shadowed a DO and got a LOR but the letter is missing an official letterhead so i dont think schools will accept it

Goro

7+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status
Non-Student
It definitely will suffice.

anyone know if an LOR from my PI (who has his MD) will qualify for this requirement? (did not shadow him)

I shadowed a DO and got a LOR but the letter is missing an official letterhead so i dont think schools will accept it

Reactions: medbunny56

statlin98

2+ Year Member
Jan 13, 2015
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
I thought the letterhead requirement only applies for professors who work at a University?

Apr 25, 2014
Florida
Status
Medical Student

Most schools aren't that picky about physician letters being on letterhead (they are about univ professors), however, you might speak with the DO and see if he or she could put it letterhead for you. Also make sure it is signed ( a few schools got excited over no signature when I applied). If schools care most would be fine with it being emailed from the drs email or faxed.