Letter of recommendation from volunteer coordinator

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

veveyvincent

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am volunteering in two university hospital volunteer programs and trying to get a letter of recommendation from the volunteer coordinator from either program.

In program A, I worked directly with my supervisor(a manager) who has a high evaluation of me. She promised that she would write me a strong letter but later she found that only the volunteer coordinator could write the letter for the students. My supervisor told me that if the volunteer coordinator agreed to write me the letter, she would be happy to provide her evaluation to the coordinator. However, the volunteer coordinator only works on the volunteer recruitment stuff and didn't have direct interaction with me before. So I am not sure whether she will just write some general evaluation or really include my supervisor's evaluation in the letter.

In program B, I see the patients without a supervisor. So the volunteer coordinators heard of my performance from the evaluation from other student volunteers in my same shift. We didn't have direct interaction. And we only communicated via email before. Last week, she told me that she had me on her list as a very good volunteer among the 100+ volunteers in our programs and she knew me working well with my patients, other volunteers and wanted me to be a team leader next year.

Which volunteer coordinator should I turn to for a strong letter of recommendation?

Members don't see this ad.

It really doesn't matter. A volunteering LOR isnt going to make or break you. Program A seems like it'll be more personal so I would go there.

You don’t need a letter from either unless your school needs one from a Committee Letter. It doesn’t sound like either would be great since neither of the writers really knows you or your work.

Reactions: 2 users