letter of recommendation... help?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yrl

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
i am a junior and i'm about to enter my last semester before i have to apply for dental school..

i know a lot of schools require 2 science LORS, 1 non-science and 1 from a dentist. I am in the process of getting one from my dentist and one from a science professor. is it too late to wait till after this spring semester to ask for the other letters? how much time do professors have before they have to submit it?

Members don't see this ad.

They can be e-submitted as early as June 3rd when the application becomes available. If you know the professor extremely well and they will write very quickly, you can wait until the last minute. However, many professors are working on multiple letters of rec so you should allow at least a month for them to write it. Your app will not be considered complete AT SCHOOLS until they have been submitted. However, lack of an LOR will not stop AADSAS from sending your file to the schools. It usually takes them until early July to process everything and send it anyway. So, it won't be detrimental to wait until May to request they write it.

i am a junior and i'm about to enter my last semester before i have to apply for dental school..

i know a lot of schools require 2 science LORS, 1 non-science and 1 from a dentist. I am in the process of getting one from my dentist and one from a science professor. is it too late to wait till after this spring semester to ask for the other letters? how much time do professors have before they have to submit it?

You have time...just start planting the seed with your Prof who is going to write the second letter. I know some undergrad schools have Pre-Dental committees, and those letters look very favorable. Hopefully the Prof can have a quick turnaround after your semester is done before the cycle opens. You could always request the Prof submit online to prevent extra processing my AADSAS personnel.

Each school has certian requirements on LORs, but mostly, they follow the 2 science, 1 dentist, 1 "freebie" letter. Look up the school's requirements online, or even call, and make sure you meet the LOR requirements.