Letter of Recommendation Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Imrizzle

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I havsa small question regarding LoR's.

One of my major extracurricular activities was volunteering in a rural screening clinic which was primarily run by a med student. Would it be a good idea to get a letter of recommendation from him or would med schools not take that very seriously? I worked in the clinic for about 3 years 2 Saturdays a month.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys I havsa small question regarding LoR's.

One of my major extracurricular activities was volunteering in a rural screening clinic which was primarily run by a med student. Would it be a good idea to get a letter of recommendation from him or would med schools not take that very seriously? I worked in the clinic for about 3 years 2 Saturdays a month.

Thanks!

I think it would be better if you get letters from people who already are physicians.

I had asked my premed advisor a somewhat related question...I asked her if I could get a letter from the postdoc of my lab in addition to from the Principal Investigator, and she told me to just get a letter from the P.I. since the titles of the letter writers are important to the Adcom. So I figure this applies in your situation as well.