1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Letter of recommendation original or copy

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by medstu110, Mar 22, 2004.

1. medstu110

medstu110 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

my school has a career center that will send my LOR's to schools that I've applied but the letters are copied from the original. Is that okay or should I ask my professors to sign all my LOR's and send those. Do the medical schools really care?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. celticmists18

celticmists18 california dreaming
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    med schools do not care if they get copies of letters when the receive a packet of LORs from a letter service. however, they would probably be skeptical if they got copies from you. my advice is to use the letter service it saves you time and its saves the people writing you letters time.

4. medstu110

medstu110 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

5. Adapt

Adapt 2K Member
    7+ Year Member

What celtic said is correct. It's too much of a hassle for the professors to make original ones for each school. The LOR service I used sent copied letters out and I had not problem.

6. Mr Reddly

Mr Reddly Snowglobe!
    7+ Year Member

Makes life MUCH easier when you apply to 40 some odd schools. If your school is like mine, then they will send a coversheet verifying that you waved your rights to look at them.