Letter of Recommendation question... again

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

joshinjosh

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am studying abroad and I am getting a letter of recommendation from my PI in the next week. I will not apply for medical school until the 2012 cycle, two years from now, but I want to utililze the new AMCAS letter system.

I was wondering if I could go ahead and use my AMCAS account (which I've already created) to get the AAMC Letter Request Form and then submit my letter now?? is this possible? I know the AMCAS account rolls over to the next year of applications, but do letters of rec roll over??

or

should I just get a letter in an seal envelope from my PI?? but I don't know how I will use the AMCAS letter system later on??

help, what should I do?

Josh

Members don't see this ad.

I think the bigger issue is submitting a letter which will be dated two years prior when you're applying; not to mention that you will hopefully do more stuff in two years that could be added to the letter.

Why don't you keep in contact with the PI and in 2 years get a letter. Tell them what you have done thus far and all that good stuff..

Members don't see this ad :)
I think the bigger issue is submitting a letter which will be dated two years prior when you're applying; not to mention that you will hopefully do more stuff in two years that could be added to the letter.

I agree. Another option, if you have to get it now, is to just open an interfoio account and store it there for the future.

Thanks everyone. Sorry I wasn't very clear. I will be getting the letter of recommendation from my PI here in Japan that I just finished working for this year. I am actually applying MDPHD so, he's going to just write about my research potential, which should stand for atleast a couple years. Either way, I will just get the letter and save it.

thanks,

josh

AMCAS does not keep LORs for more than one application cycle. I suggest you have the letter sent to your Career Center or Interfolio.

you account info (only your username and password) roll over. everything you enter including LORs and application information do not roll over into the next year