Letter of Recommendation Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PB&Jam

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am applying to medical school this cycle, and decided, in order to be on top of things, to ask for recommendations at the beginning of this semester. I have one from my lab PI, a Spanish professor I'm close with, my band director, my volunteer coordinator, and a science professor whose class I did very well in but who doesn't really know me that well. These will all get compiled into a committee letter by my school's premed office. However, over the course of this semester, I have gotten to know one of my professors for a neurobio course I'm currently taking quite well. I did an Honors Conversion with her and have gone to her office hours frequently. When I talked with her today, she offered to write me a letter of recommendation. I feel like that's not the sort of offer you turn down, and that she could write a better letter than the professor who doesn't know me as well, but he told me he's almost got my letter completed.

What should I do in this situation?

Members don't see this ad.

upload_2016-5-4_18-17-4.png

But really. Can't you have more than 5? That number was a minimum suggestion for my pre-med committee, albeit I had 5 as well.