Letter of Recommendation question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mjkez

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
A few weeks ago, I asked 2 pharmacists/1 prof if they could write me a letter. Two of them responded, one of them didn't - so I assumed maybe the third one didn't see my message or didn't want to etc. I plan on applying early decision so I needed an answer asap in order to give everyone enough time. I decided to ask someone else for a reference, and they immediately said yes! Fast forward to today, the third one that never answered barely replied and said yes. My question is, should I tell them I don't need one anymore or just accept it (since pharmcas permits four anyway)? I've asked a few pharmacy schools if it was ok to submit 4 letters (all these schools require 3) and they all said it was up to me.

Members don't see this ad.

It doesn't hurt if you have 4 instead of 3. I personally think it's not nice to say you don't need it anymore..

I submitted 4 letters of recommendations. The more the better

Thank you I was uncertain about it. Yeah true, I didn't want to say that either :|