Letter of Recommendation question?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gordonlei

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
For the LORs for pharmacy school, do they prefer letters with ranking grids?
I believe for some medical schools, they want the letter writers to fill in ranking grids.
So if anyone knows, I really appreciate if you can tell me.

Members don't see this ad.

Not too sure for schools that are not using PharmCAS. For PharmCAS, they will ask your LOR writers to give them your class rank (if applicable). So you might want to consider asking professors for the class that you know you rank high or highest.

Not too sure for schools that are not using PharmCAS. For PharmCAS, they will ask your LOR writers to give them your class rank (if applicable). So you might want to consider asking professors for the class that you know you rank high or highest.

Some non-PharmCAS schools require the reference to fill out a separate ranking form. All other PharmCAS participating institutions should accept the ranking form that PharmCAS requires. So my recommendation to you is to double check with the schools you are applying to. When in doubt, contact them; the last thing you want to do is submit an incomplete application and jeopardize your chances of getting accepted.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)

I want to clarify my situation here. I am a college senior (will graduate really soon) and I intend to apply through pharmCAS this summer. I've asked a class professor to write a LOR, but pharmCAS hasn't opened yet. I planned to store my LORs in my university letter service. My question is, if pharmCAS will ask my LOR writer to provide a class rank, should the letter writers be filling the ranks right now (if I am using the letter service in my college), or do they wait until pharmCAS open?

I want to clarify my situation here. I am a college senior (will graduate really soon) and I intend to apply through pharmCAS this summer. I've asked a class professor to write a LOR, but pharmCAS hasn't opened yet. I planned to store my LORs in my university letter service. My question is, if pharmCAS will ask my LOR writer to provide a class rank, should the letter writers be filling the ranks right now (if I am using the letter service in my college), or do they wait until pharmCAS open?

Visit this link: http://www.pharmcas.org/applicants/eval.htm

I never utilized the letter service at my school, although most, if not all, medical & dental students did. When I asked, an administrator told me that there was no need to submit anything to them and that everything should be submitted to PharmCAS.

I don't see anything wrong with you printing the PharmCAS Evaluation Form and having your reference fill it out, but I don't think you can access that form until you create a new application for the 2011 cycle. If anything, just secure your references and tell them you will send a reminder around June to look out for a PharmCAS Reference Request email.