1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Letter of Recommendation specifics

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by alliop, Jun 3, 2008.

1. alliop

5+ Year Member

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    Hi I'm quite new to this, but here I go. I am 23 years old and I have been out of undergrad for about 2 years now. What are the specifications for the letter of recommendations (how many and by whom). I understand that some are required to be from science professors, but being out of school I haven't had any face time with professors for some years and feel that these letters wouldn't be current.

Right now I work for a biotech firm where I can get 2 LOR from my manager and supervisor (but would that be redundant). It is also difficult to get alot of shadowing experience because I am working full-time. I have shadowed a dentist about a year ago, but only for a short time.

I would really like to apply this cylce (my DAT is already 1.5yrs old - pretty good score but never applied). But I'm so ill prepared and I really don't want to apply twice if I don't prepare well enough for this first time.

Thanks in advance for your responses.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Hybridtavo

Hybridtavo Dr Ortegon
    7+ Year Member

Dentist
    Simple answer you will have to call each school you are planning on applying to and check w them to c if it can be waive. Most of them USUALLY REQUIRE science LORs (from schools).

4. rose786

2+ Year Member

There is a link on the aadsas website where it says "supplemental information." It lists the lor requirements for each school. But I think just to cover all your bases, get: 2 sci professors, 1 non-sci, and 1 dentist lor.