Letter of Recommendation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

banshee

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I asked my orgo professor to write a letter of recommendation for me. He agreed and wanted suggestions for what I would like for him to include in the letter. What makes for a strong letter of reccommendation? What specifically should I ask to him to include? Know of any links to websites that show strong letters or recs for reference so I can see what a good letter includes? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Pretty much reasons why you would succeed in pharmacy school is what they will be looking for. Your character, your work ethic, your qualities, etc.

PharmCAS will ask them specific questions when you send them the form too. It can be found on the site, but from what I remember it asked about your strengths and weaknesses, and whether they would "highly recommend" you based on a list of traits.

I would avoid having them follow a template and emphasize more that they make it unique and about their positive experiences with you.