Letter of Recommendation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PSUforever

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if it is absolutely necessary to get a letter of recommendation from a dentist. I never asked the dentist I was shadowing and he has been on vacation. I'm submitting AADSAS tomorrow. I know it helps, but will it hurt if I don't have one? :(

Members don't see this ad.

most schools do not require LOR from dentist but its good if u get one...some schools might ask you a letter as a proof that u shadowed(can't recall which ones)...just go ahead and submit ur application and u can send ur LOR from dentist ones he/she comes bac...

hopelessdoc said:
most schools do not require LOR from dentist but its good if u get one...some schools might ask you a letter as a proof that u shadowed(can't recall which ones)...just go ahead and submit ur application and u can send ur LOR from dentist ones he/she comes bac...

I know UNLV requires a letter from a dentist

Get the letter from the dentist.

By not getting it...you just limit the schools you can get into, so you might as well since it's not all that time intensive to ask.

It takes time to process it all, so get it when he's back.
I submitted my AADSAS like 2 weeks ago, and am still getting a letter sent tomorrow.
No worries.

Unless youre applying to Chapel Hill, in which case, I wouldnt submit my AADSAS at all :p (Less competition for me!)

-Don