Letter of recommendation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Handy388

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I heard that we need to have 2 letters from science faculty and 1 from humanity faculty, is that true? I been having trouble getting letters from humanity faculty because I only took two humanity courses in the last 2 years.

Members don't see this ad.

Depends on the school, and they may or may not be flexible on the requirements.

Members don't see this ad :)
my school does not have a premed committee that I am aware of. I can get strong letter from nurses I've been working with or my research director, but they are not school faculty.

you may want to email a couple of schools to get their opinion, but I think that the outside letters should be ok to substitute for a humanities professor.

my school does not have a premed committee that I am aware of. I can get strong letter from nurses I've been working with or my research director, but they are not school faculty.
You definitely should try to get a humanities letter....Alot of schools require it, but you may be able to write them a letter telling them why you cant get the humanities letter and they may let you slide.