Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Letter of recommendation

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by medical22, Jul 23, 2001.

1. medical22

medical22 Senior Member

Those of you who requested a letter of recommendation from your pre-med advisory committee, could you please tell me how you requested it? Did you have to write a letter to them? What exactly did you write to them? Or did you just ask them? I am planning to give them a copy of my transcript, the personal statement, and my resume. Do you think that is enough? I will probably be interviewed by them too. I'd appreciate any suggestions. Thanks in advance!

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Hopkins2010

Hopkins2010 Banned
    Banned

The way my school works, first they give you an application with essay questions and a list of recommenders. Then they give you an interview and evaluate you on that. After all your recommenders have submitted their letters or evaluations, the premed committee meets and discusses your application and composes a composite letter of recommendation where some of your recommenders' comments are included.

Go by your premed office and ask them if you have to fill out an application for the committee. Then once your interview and evaluations are done, ask to be notified when your committee has completed its evaluation and compiled its packet. Finally, you give them a list of schools where they will send your recommendation packet.

I think thats pretty standard procedure, but some schools may deviate substantially from this scheme, so you'd better ask them.