letter to dean

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

preacherman

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know of an osteopathic school that states in their catalog that someone can write a letter to the dean recomending a student to their school and it will be given full consideration in the evaluation of the student.My question is, does anyone know if this is ever done? Is this usually done just for the upper crest of society? Is it to forward for an ordinary average student. If not, then who would be appropriate to write the letter? What about former superintendent of schools, doctor friend(also former employer), etc. Any advice please.

Members don't see this ad.

yep its done a lot, i do it all the time.

UHS is the school that states this in their catalog I think.

Members don't see this ad :)
Usually letters to the dean are written by alumni of that school, current or past faculty at the school or clinical preceptors directly conected to the school.

Otherwise, everyone would just have their rec letters fowarded to the dean, LOL.

Thanks everyone, So I assume a doctor friend who happens to be on the clinical adjunct faculty(even though they use a tremendous number of clinical adjunct instructors, and may not even remember his name), would be a good rec. to the dean.