Letter writer didn't use letterhead or provide signature

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

noissue

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I sent it to quite a few schools, and one of them just let me know. Am I screwed? Is there any way to have letters updated via interfolio and re-sent out? What do I do? I'm stressing out.

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, just ask them to send to Interfolio (make a new letter file for them) and then update on AMCAS. There should be an option stating if you're submitting a letter in place of a previous one, if I recall correctly

Yes, just ask them to send to Interfolio (make a new letter file for them) and then update on AMCAS. There should be an option stating if you're submitting a letter in place of a previous one, if I recall correctly
I have nvr had the experience to use Interfolio but, this happened to me and I just requested my letter writer to resubmit the letter on AMCAS using the same letter ID and it was resolved! :)

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I have nvr had the experience to use Interfolio but, this happened to me and I just requested my letter writer to resubmit the letter on AMCAS using the same letter ID and it was resolved! :)
Sounds wayy easier! =) Hopefully you get the issue resolved quickly, OP!

I had this same issue. I had them resubmit via AMCAS and then had to use Interfolio for my AACOMAS.

I ran into that with a younger professor I asked a letter from. Apparently, mine was one of his first LORs he had written. Thankfully he shares a secretary with a more senior professor who suggested he put it on letterhead.