Letterhead and Signature Required for LOE?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

destinedsirius

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I guess this is a question for those who have already applied before.

Is letterhead and signed signature required for LOE?

Would the letter be seen has as possibily not authentic if they didn't have handwritten signatures?

What if my writers just typed their name at the end of the letter because they submitted it electronically? Does it matter? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I tried to put letterheads on my letters to make them look more "official" but I dont think its needed. The signatures I am unsure of.

I tried to put letterheads on my letters to make them look more "official" but I dont think its needed. The signatures I am unsure of.

So you made letterheads and then gave it to your writers to write on?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, My dentist does not know computers very well so I said I would help put in on a letterhead for him. Dont think it is required though. His office had a blank letterhead and most schools also have letterheads

Ok thanks. Does anyone else know what the deal is with the signatures? Is a typed signature okay?

great letter + the best letterhead and greatest real signature = great letter

great letter + name at bottom = great letter

mediocre letter +the best letterhead and greatest real signature = mediocre letter

mediocre letter + name at bottom = mediocre letter

crappy letter + the best letterhead and greatest signature = crappy letter

Some things just dont matter. The letterhead and actual signature are two of them.

thank you for eliminating one of those useless dilemmas i stay up worrying about at night.