Letters of Interest - How many is too many??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bruin2012

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all :),

I'm currently wrestling with this idea and have received a lot of contradicting feedback. Is it okay to send in multiple letters of interest to the same school? I was advised several times to send one per month to show constant interest. However, others have also said that this will only annoy the admissions committee. Any opinions?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey all :),

I'm currently wrestling with this idea and have received a lot of contradicting feedback. Is it okay to send in multiple letters of interest to the same school? I was advised several times to send one per month to show constant interest. However, others have also said that this will only annoy the admissions committee. Any opinions?

Well, would you want to receive the same letter once every month from the same 5,000 people? No? I didn't think so -- matter o' fact, I think I'd put you on my "block" list after a couple such emails.... ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
I think 3 or more is pushing it. Especially if they lack REAL content.

Well, would you want to receive the same letter once every month from the same 5,000 people? No? I didn't think so -- matter o' fact, I think I'd put you on my "block" list after a couple such emails.... ;)

Well, it wouldn't be the SAME letter. It would be different letters/personal statements as to why the school is a good fit/dedication to medicine/update on recent activities/etc.

I think this is really variable by school. My personal opinion is that once a month is too frequent unless the school really encourages them.

As in...if this isn't Georgetown, then don't bombard them with letters, it will annoy them