letters of interest post letter of intent

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pkr

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
here's the situation: after writing a letter of intent to a medical school, the medical school didn't respond. is it ok as i continue interviewing at other schools to send other top choices (not THE top choice like the medical school to which i sent the letter of intent) letters of interest until my top choice medical school accepts me? these other schools are definitely my top choices too.

Members don't see this ad.

So long as you only send a letter of intent to one school, I don't see any reason why you can't send letters of interest to other schools while you wait for your top choice school. :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
here's the situation: after writing a letter of intent to a medical school, the medical school didn't respond. is it ok as i continue interviewing at other schools to send other top choices (not THE top choice like the medical school to which i sent the letter of intent) letters of interest until my top choice medical school accepts me? these other schools are definitely my top choices too.

did you make sure they got it (the letter of intent)? i didn't want to bug admissions about mine and then found out they didn't put it into my file for a month and a half. stupid of me, i know.

yes, it is fine to pursue other schools enthusiastically, so long as you pledge intent to only one. until you get in to that "one" of course.

did you make sure they got it (the letter of intent)? i didn't want to bug admissions about mine and then found out they didn't put it into my file for a month and a half. stupid of me, i know.
Oy, sorry to hear that. That's my fear, too--I've sent an update to a couple schools and it's hard to even know whom to send it to sometimes. I hope it at least gets read!

when do you usually send an LOI? after interview? if so about how long?