letters of interest

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

catnipchips

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just a few questions:

Is it okay to email/snailmail in letters of interest if there is no place to upload them on an application?
If we can't find whether or not a school specifies "no updates," should we still send them?

Members don't see this ad.

No and no.

These get ignored at most schools, unless they specifically welcome updates.

Just a few questions:

Is it okay to email/snailmail in letters of interest if there is no place to upload them on an application?
If we can't find whether or not a school specifies "no updates," should we still send them?

Reactions: 1 user
When writing letters of interest, how did you address the reader?
Ex: Dear Admissions Committee
To Whom It May Concern
Dear [Name of the dean of Admission]

I will be sending this to 8 MD schools that are perceptive to LOI. Called each one individually last week. Do you think this is a good idea this late in the cycle?

Thank you,
E

Members don't see this ad :)
When writing letters of interest, how did you address the reader?
Ex: Dear Admissions Committee
To Whom It May Concern
Dear [Name of the dean of Admission]

I will be sending this to 8 MD schools that are perceptive to LOI. Called each one individually last week. Do you think this is a good idea this late in the cycle?

Thank you,
E

Yeah if you want to get rejected at all 8. LOI are supposed to be sent to one school only.

Yeah if you want to get rejected at all 8. LOI are supposed to be sent to one school only.

I believed that letters of interest don't function the same as letters of intent. I will be sending letters of interests out, with careful phrasing. "you are one of my top choices." I only applied to schools I really want to go to and where my stats fit. I don't see how this can lead to rejection. Please let me know what your thoughts are @studentdocftw .

I believed that letters of interest don't function the same as letters of intent. I will be sending letters of interests out, with careful phrasing. "you are one of my top choices." I only applied to schools I really want to go to and where my stats fit. I don't see how this can lead to rejection. Please let me know what your thoughts are @studentdocftw .

Didn't even know a letter of interest was a thing..don't they know you are interested by sending a primary and filling out the secondary/paying fees?

Reactions: 1 user