letters of rec for clerkships?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

somehelp

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I'm a little confused with the application process for clerkships. Do all clerkship programs require letters of recommendation from students? I understand we need them for residency applications but what about for the clerkship?

thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone,
I'm a little confused with the application process for clerkships. Do all clerkship programs require letters of recommendation from students? I understand we need them for residency applications but what about for the clerkship?

thank you.

Pretty sure they are no longer required. The clerkship app site lays everything out very clearly though, so reference that whenever it goes live for you.

You still have to have them for the CRIP application. Don't ask me why, I don't think they do much for you. I guess if one of your instructors writes something bad about you it could hurt, but most programs give most weight to your month there, then your interview. Letters of rec would fall way down the list if they check them at all.