ActinicKeratosis

2+ Year Member
Jun 17, 2016
Status
Medical Student
Sorry if this is a dumb question. Does anyone know the most efficient way to find out specific LOR requirements for each program? Is there a way to do it via Freida or ERAS or do you need to go to each program's website?

JP2740

7+ Year Member
Nov 6, 2009
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
I just went to every programs website esp because I've found inaccuracies in the given information on ERAS before (not necessarily pertaining to LOR but important **** like the program coordinator email being wrong)

Reactions: ActinicKeratosis

ninjaman22

5+ Year Member
Sep 29, 2013
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Sorry in advance for this unrelated question. Do you guys think it's okay to send four letters to places that only require or recommend three?

About the Ads

Raryn

Infernal Internist / Enigmatic Endocrinologist
10+ Year Member
Apr 25, 2008
Status
Attending Physician
Sorry in advance for this unrelated question. Do you guys think it's okay to send four letters to places that only require or recommend three?
Yes.

In fact, I would (and did) just send four everywhere.

Reactions: ninjaman22

Ismet

PGY-almost done!
Moderator Emeritus
7+ Year Member
May 15, 2011
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Of course if they say no more than 3, do not send more than 3. That should go without saying but it's been done.

Reactions: ninjaman22

Psai

This space for lease
Removed
5+ Year Member
Jan 2, 2014
ヽ(´ー`)ノ
Status
Resident [Any Field]
If they reject you because you sent 4 letters instead of 3, that's probably a place you don't want to be at. One of the most annoying things in residency is all the "required" paperwork they keep emailing about.

About the Ads