Letters of Rec, Official Letterhead

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ljc

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just received an email from BU informing me that 2 of the letters I submitted were either not signed or not on official letterhead, and that my application status is "On Hold" until this is corrected. I'm working on getting them resubmitted ASAP.

My question is, if a school has already marked me as Complete, does that mean they've checked the letters and are satisfied, so this is really only a problem at 1 school (so far)? Or am I likely to get another 20+ emails regarding this issue once these schools actually review the application more thoroughly?

Also, yes I did inform them of this requirement beforehand but I guess they missed it.

Members don't see this ad.

I just received an email from BU informing me that 2 of the letters I submitted were either not signed or not on official letterhead, and that my application status is "On Hold" until this is corrected. I'm working on getting them resubmitted ASAP.

My question is, if a school has already marked me as Complete, does that mean they've checked the letters and are satisfied, so this is really only a problem at 1 school (so far)? Or am I likely to get another 20+ emails regarding this issue once these schools actually review the application more thoroughly?

Also, yes I did inform them of this requirement beforehand but I guess they missed it.

It happens... Get it fixed and send it to all schools you intended to send the LOR to even if they didn't tell you anything was wrong.