Letters of Rec Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medadvicewanted

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, PLEASE don't attack me :scared: but I just want some opinions about a letter of rec question. My university uses a reference letter service so before applying to masters programs this year the people that wrote my letters of rec wrote "I recommend ______ for any professional health or graduate program of his choice" does it look bad to use that for a letter of rec for dental school now? I feel like they are strong letters of recommendation and I don't really want to go back and pester them to change the letters. Again, I'm just asking, I'm really not sure if it would be ok or not, although I don't see why not.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

just ask them to change the program name to dental school and tell them to up load it

Ok, PLEASE don't attack me :scared: but I just want some opinions about a letter of rec question. My university uses a reference letter service so before applying to masters programs this year the people that wrote my letters of rec wrote "I recommend ______ for any professional health or graduate program of his choice" does it look bad to use that for a letter of rec for dental school now? I feel like they are strong letters of recommendation and I don't really want to go back and pester them to change the letters. Again, I'm just asking, I'm really not sure if it would be ok or not, although I don't see why not.

Thanks!

My school also uses a reference letter service, and my profs wrote letters for the dental skools but I used them for applying to masters this year! I asked some masters program admission officers and they said it's totally fine. don't need to worry bout it :)

Members don't see this ad :)
just ask them to change the program name to dental school and tell them to up load it

I agree with this. It seems like trying to get all your LOR writers to re-write their letters catering to dental school would be a bit much to ask.