1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

letters of rec question

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by elle, Aug 28, 2001.

1. elle

elle Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Whenever my letters of recommendation are ready at my university, I was planning on having the same ones sent to all schools.
    If you have two science professors, two nonscience professors, and two people you worked for as the recommenders, should that be okay? I think that some schools want fewer letters, but I'm not sure which ones care really...

they are all going with a committee letter, so I had thought that meant it didn't matter if you had too many letters, but it suddenly occured to me that could be a problem. If anyone knows or knows which schools hate having more than a certain number of letters, I'd appreciate the advice!

:)

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. SMW

SMW Grand Member
    7+ Year Member

Tulane appears to want 3 and only 3 letters.

4. elle

elle Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

I called my school today and asked them about this and was told that school's never complain if they get too many letters, so there's nothing for me to do/worry about.
    (the secretary also recognized my voice! how scary.)

I hope that's true... :)

Thanks for the info...I appreciate it.

5. SMW

SMW Grand Member
    7+ Year Member

I see now that I didn't read your post carefully enough. If your letters are going with a committee letter, then it doesn't matter at all how many letters went into and/or are sent along with the committee letter. Most schools seem to prefer the committee letter approach, so you're set. It's we poor folk without committees who are weeping and gnashing our teeth over recs!